As we age, collagen production in our skin slows and existing collagen begins to break down, causing the skin to show facial lines and wrinkles. Injectable wrinkle fillers can give facial skin a plumper, smoother appearance and can give you a more youthful look for a fraction of the cost of a traditional facelift. Most will fill lines and wrinkles in less than 30 minutes with results that can last from a few months to more than a year.
Today we have a wide range of safe, effective wrinkle fillers to choose from:
- Collagen injections replenish the skin’s natural collagen. By supplementing your skin’s own collagen, these wrinkle injections help smooth facial lines and some types of scars.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite is a semi-permanent wrinkle filler that’s suspended in a watery gel and used to increase soft tissue. This is a collagen stimulator to improve the surface texture of your skin as well as stimulate your own collagen to enable the product to last longer.
- Hyaluronic acid is a substance normally made by the body that gives your skin its volume and fullness. Hyaluronic acid injections fill the space between collagen and elastin fibers within the skin which replenishes the natural volume lost with aging.
Hyaluronic acid is a substance normally made by the body that gives your skin its volume and fullness. Hyaluronic acid injections fill the space between collagen and elastin fibers within the skin which replenishes the natural volume lost with aging.
- Poly-L-lactic acid is an injectable filler used to replace lost facial fat. This synthetic polymer has been used for many years in dissolvable stitches. This product stimulates the body’s own collagen for better skin texture and a longer lasting result.
- Natural body fat from your own thighs or abdomen can be also be used as a wrinkle filler. There’s no risk of allergic reaction, and most people achieve semi-permanent results. Several injections may be required to get the most benefit.
Although wrinkle fillers are a minimally invasive treatment, some pain, swelling and bruising can result from the injections. When considering wrinkle fillers in Santa Maria, it is important to consult with an experienced cosmetic surgeon like our doctors. At our Santa Maria office, we can help you make the right choice among the best wrinkle fillers available. Contact Pacific Eye Surgeons today at 805-545-8100 to find out how our wide variety of wrinkle fillers can help you achieve younger looking skin.